Monday, May 21, 2007

Dunh Duhn DUHN! - Sales calls

This week I am going to be focusing my efforts on drumming up some new business – I will be calling stores in the NYC area to set up sales calls. I hate making these calls. I always feel like an annoying telemarketer.

Deborah: Hi, is the owner available.

Store Associate: Yes, may I ask who is calling?

Deborah: My name is Deborah Nolan and I’m calling from Baby
Starlet – I make handmade baby Moses baskets and accessories

(You can say it cause I know – absolutely terrible)

Sales Associate: One moment please.

Owner: Hi, this is the owner. How may I help you?

Deborah: I make handmade Moses baskets and accessories and would love to stop by to see if my products would be a good fit for your store.
(It’s general – but this is what I used when I sold my maternity line –The Funky Mama- and it worked. If it ain’t broke as they say.)

Owner: Can you tell me a little more etc. Or we already bought for the *fill in the next season here* and are not looking to add any more product lines at this time.

(Like I said, I hate doing this. There is nothing like a little rejection. Even worse- you leave your name, number etc and no one calls you back. Did I mention that I hate making these calls?)

So, I have to do this - research tonight/tomorrow and set up sales calls for June sometime.

In addition to this I also need to get some more press for myself. I have sponsored some giveaways (didn't get any sales) - sent in samples to mom oriented blogs - didn't get any sales. *ARRGHH*. I don't even want to think about all the time I put into making those Moses baskets *Dora is on right now for my girls so this is easy*.

Anyway, I'm having a hard time saying focused. I love starting up projects - so it's hard to say on task. What the f*k. I don't know what I'm doing half the time - but as my blog states - this is a Dream of mine-so I am going to make it work if it makes my crazy. I am doing the JPMA tradeshow next April - and I know that my products are going to do well. Moses baskets are pretty stagnant in terms of their design, so mine will definately stand out.

Well Dora is over and my oldest is attempting to climb up on a table to get another movie hold on

"Natalie get down!"

Right, well it's off to the bathroom for baths and bed. My husband is not home yet, so giving two girls a bath by myself should be interesting. Oh f*k it. I'll just do the old wipe down with a wet wash cloth.

Rock On!
Deborah

No comments: