Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Frog Puppet, ER and PVC

This past week has been a bit crazy and scary. Well, it's always crazy for me between work and being a full-time mom, but not usually scary.

Wednesday started off as usual; mad dash to take a shower, eat breakfast get the girls ready for the day. Then it was off to Wal-Mart for mulch and dirt and some pink tights (my daughter's first recital was on Thursday). After paying, I loaded up the car with my kin and organic matter and realized that the check-out woman forgot to give my pink tights. D*mn you Wal-mart! So it was back inside and then back to the car again and then off to library group.

The group meets every Wednesday in 6 week sessions and there are stories, crafts, snacks and a short movie. It sounds like a lot, but it only lasts about an hour. The stories are always a challenge because the coordinator reads two-three books, which is a lot for 2-3 year olds. So, I spend the entire time yell-whispering at my oldest to sit down-and have to wrangle my one year on my lap. She likes to crawl around testing out all of the little girls' hair for pullability.

Onwards - frog puppet. Today was frog puppet day. It was a cute project - they always are, but today was the first day I actually stopped myself from "fixing" my oldest's project. Being a crafty grrl, I love coming up with new designs - even if they happen by accident. So why am I altering my daughter's projects to resemble the sample? I move the eyes so they are in the correct spot - she wanted to use an eye as a nose. I know, frogs don't have noses - but her frog was going to have one. It was at this point where I put down the glue stick and say back and watched. The last part of the project was putting on dots (stickers) to decorate the frog. She used the dots and made not one but two noses. I'm proud of her d*mn it. Despite her mother's perfectionism streak - she crafted her puppet the way she wanted to. Rock on little Natalie.

After the group we all went home for lunch and this is where the PVC comes in. The night before I was having heart palipations. Like a skipping beat in my chest. I was hoping they would go away that night but they did not. So after lunch I called my doctor and she instructed me to go the ER. My thoughts at this point were:

1. I would need a heart transplant.

2. I was going to die.

3. Not being able to watch my girls grow up. (For me this was the scariest part.)
I can't say that I'm afraid of death - because I not - but I afraid on missing out on things, mainly their lives. I have always wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember (or had the desire) so losing this aspect of my life would be heartbreaking. I want to be around for them.

So I go and check in, a nurse takes my blood pressure - it's low - it always is - and then takes my heart rate. Boom! He caught it right at the end. A PVC. I didn't know what the hell he was talking about but he said he gets them all the time. This made me feel a little better. After he took my vitals - he hooked me up to a heart rate monitor for a while. Luckily for me I brought People magazine to read. I was seriously considering bringing my laptop to work - but my husband said that it might interfere with some of the equipment at the hospital so I reluctantly left it at home.

Next came the EKG test - normal - and some bloodwork. Normal again. Finally the doctor came around. He was watching the monitor when my heart palipation happened and he confirmed that it was a PVC or Premature Ventricular Contraction. It can sometimes be brought on by lack of sleep, caffeine and stress. My life in a nut shell. He prescribed more sleep - cut back on the caffeine and try and relax. The last one was very hard for me. I can't sit still for very long during the day. I actually ended up taking the girls for a ride in their wagon for treats at the bakery. I guess I wanted to squeeze in some more quality time with them. Like I said, this visit was very scary for me.

On the plus side, I had an excuse not to get up in the middle of the night for a few nights. My sweet husband let me sleep while he tended to the girls. And after a few days, the PVCs went away.

Have a Happy Mother's and cherish your children.

Rock on all of you Mompreneurs!

1 comment:

professional custom writing service said...

that will be great!! I'll try it, I promise, hope result will be rocks as yours