Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back to the Business

This morning when I woke up, I was feeling not only a bit depressed but a little sick. I had my usual monthly slump and had to pull myself up by my boot straps and push forward. My husband took the girls grocery shopping and I sat in bed typing up my Dream Plan of sorts...what I want to accomplish, when and how. I read an article in Real Simple and was inspired. Following the advice of the columnist, I sat down and laid out on paper where I want to be if anything was possible. Of course, I set my sights pretty high; purchase my own manufacturing facility by my 33rd birthday (only 1 1/2 years from now) publish at least two books and possibly get my own show on the DIY Network.

Yesterday while checking out the web, I saw that Screen Door Entertainment has effectively and open casting call for new talent. So, I sent off an email describing my background and why I would make a great host. Not sure if I will ever hear from them, but it doesn't hurt to try. I figured if I did get the gig, then it would be yet another way for me to craft my heart out and get paid for it. Not a bad deal.

Like I said a shot in the dark, but damn it I'm talented-I've got skills and I'm cute to boot. Sounds like a perfect combo to me.

Today I'm cranking out all of the administrative work that goes along with advertising - faxing, creating banners and filling out forms. Boring but exciting. The culmination of the five places I will be advertising will be my biggest marketing plan to date. I hope (pray) that I get some sales. Advertising is expensive but I have to get my name out there somehow.

I would love to hear what works for other indie designers as far as advertising and marketing goes.

Craft On!

1 comment:

custom written research paper said...

It seems that administrator can serve as the title of the general manager or company secretary who reports to a corporate board of directors