Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Vaseline, Makeup and a 2 year old

Well, well, well

Yesterday after driving my baby girl to the doctor's office, I came home to find my husband a bit frazzled. He informed me that my oldest left her room and ventured off onto a crime spree. She got into my makeup - more specifically - my black and gold eye shadow and mascara. She preceeded to smear my make-up into my bed - a 2 foot area into my good 300 count sheets - Ahhh! Calgon take me away. When he found her -she was straddling the toilet and making black marks all over the wall and toilet seat. I have yet to wash the sheets. Actually, I have about 5 loads of laundry to do. I plan on working on it tonight. So, I went upstairs to check on her and found her asleep in the new slipcovered chair with a book over her face. Oh and by the way, my husband added a second gate to her room so she was effectively walled into her room.

Today, I finished off my first toddler blanket and matching pillow order and went upstairs to wake up my oldest for dance class. Her 1st recital (of three different dates) is on Friday. Anyway, I went upstairs and upon entering her room - I was subjected to a strange vaguely familiar smell. She did in fact sleep - in her now Vaseline covered bed - Yikes. So this is the third time I have had to change her sheets in the past 5 days. Pain in my a**. Of course -this is only adding to my now elevated laundry situation.

My husband is grocery shopping and I can hear my oldest demanding to use the potty - which she just used a few minutes ago. I know it's only a ploy to get out of her room - but I'm catching on to her ruse. I'm sure she will flip the tables on me when I go up to find that she took off her diaper and peed all over her bed.

Which reminds me, maybe I should take a few minutes to check on her.

Well, here I go.

As always... Rock on with your bad selves.

1 comment:

buying a term paper said...

I think while Vaseline can be used as a lubricant, it is also a useful moisture insulator for local skin conditions characterized by tissue dehydration.