Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Revamped Child's Step Stool

I know I was going to post finishing off your duvet but truth be told, I haven't finished my daughter's yet. So I am going to post this super cheap and easy project.

So I found this in the trash while visiting one of my friends.

Blue and cork - yuck!

So off I went to my local hardware store and bought some Black spray paint -Krylon- perfect for plastic.

Then it was spray time. I blasted it then blasted some more.

So here it is now.



Next, I made a pattern out of some kraft paper by laying the paper on top of the stool and following the little lip around the cork top. I traced it and cut it out of this Fabulous fabric - I just happened to have it lying around and the best part I actually got it for free.

Next, I fired up my glue gun to attach the fabric to the top of the stool. Finally, I added some black gimp - don't laugh - that's a real term. It's trim that's braided, well kind of.

Anyway, I attached the gimp to the edges of the stool to finish it off. C'est Magnifique.

No comments: