Monday, September 17, 2007

Another typical day on the homefront

I love being a mom. Today was one of those days where I really treasured every minute. This morning I worked on my third of sixteen panels (curtains) for my porch. Currently we don't have anything up and the winters around here are brutal - so I have stepped up my efforts to at least start them before the first snow fall. Anyway, I worked while my girls played, hung the curtain and made mac and cheese which all three of us ate for lunch I know it comes from a box but damn does it hit the spot on a cool day.

After lunch I put my toddler down for her nap and took a walk to the library with my 3 year old. (My husband works from home so I did not leave her home by herself.) We picked out some new books, rented a video and then crossed the street for some playground fun. Some of the other moms gave me that "what the hell are you wearing look" but f*** em. I have been getting looks like that since high school so it really doesn't faze (spelling doesn't look right) me anymore. If you must know I wore/currently wearing jeans with a brown long sleeved thermal shirt layer under a summer dress. Anyway, I thought it was cute. Then it was back home to finish an order for an Eiffel tower onesie which btw has been a huge seller for me these past couple of days. I also packed up an order for one of Star Moses baskets to be shipped out to Colorado.

Once my toddler woke up so it was drinks (dirty dirty minds) milk and snacks for the girls and then a trip to the Post Office. Since my boxes for my Moses baskets are HUGE, I decided to put the box on the stroller and let the girls walk. It looked a little silly - all right -a lot silly but it was such a nice day. We all held hands and crossed the streets together - *heart melting just thinking about it* and made our way to the PO. We were about 2/3 of the way there when we meet up with our neighbors whose son helped us the rest of the way. I put my toddler in the basket under the stroller - although initially confused about the situation - she really enjoyed the ride.

Then a be boppity ride home and then some gardening outside. My youngest stayed near us the whole time - she typically wants to head for the hills on some detailed plan of escape - or atleast that's what I think. Then it was a video for the girls while I made dinner. For those of you who know me - know that I don't usually cook. It's not that I hate cooking - I do enjoy it - I just hate having to put together a meal every night. Thankfully, my sweet hubby takes care of this. In exchange I clean the house and bathrooms - which he is thankful I take care of. So it all works out.

After dinner, we all went to the park and ran around a bunch and then the girls had their bath. Lately my toddler has been hating bath time. I mean really HATING bath time. To the point where she refuses to sit down and clings to my husband to get her out. Now, we just dump a hole box full of toys in the tub and she is happy as a clam. So much so that she SCREAMS when we take her out. Damed if do, damned it you don't. Anyway she is asleep now along with my 3 year old and I am sitting in the dark on my curtainless porch so that the entire neighborhood can't see that my shirt needs to tucked in bit.

As I said I love being a mom. A friend of mine once told me this quote "The days are long but the years are short" and it is so true. I am looking forward to watching my girls grow up, but not too fast though. I need them to stay little for just a bit longer (well maybe a lot).

As always Rock on!

Sincerely,

*a teary eyed* Deborah

2 comments:

essay service help said...

I get you my friend!! my homefront is also like an frintline. I feel like on a war everyday ;)

Rajendra said...

It is good Info.Assignment Help